Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May News


Some upcoming concerts I'm excited about:

--

Sun, 5/6: Solo 
The Empty Bottle
1pm, FREE


I will play a solo set, then composer Michael Mroz presents some new chamber music

--

Thu, 5/17: Duo with Jaimie Branch + joining Emil Strandberg, Brian Labycz, Fred Lonberg-Holm and Frank Rosaly 
Elastic Arts
9pm, donation suggested

Jaimie and I dust-off our duo project, then participate in some mixed groupings with Swedish trumpeter Emil Strandberg and esteemed locals.

--

Sat 5/19: Charm Offensive (trio version) 
Heaven Gallery 
10pm, donation suggested

Here I present a trio version of my quartet music with Keefe Jackson and Jason Roebke. Marc Riordan opens with a solo piano set.

--

Wed 5/23: Mythic Birds record release show
the Hideout
10pm, donation suggested

Mythic Birds (w/ Keefe Jackson, Brian Labycz & Jason Stein) celebrates the release of The name by which the world knows them on Peira.  Fred Lonberg-Holm and Tomeka Reid open.

--

No comments: